Leadership Development Programs
We offer several opportunities designed to grow and develop the next generation of aspiring leaders at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). Our Leadership Development Programs are highly selective, ensuring that we have smart, nimble, creative and motivated professionals who are preparing for an exciting future with us.
Corporate Leadership Development Program (CLD)
As part of the Internal Audit team, CLD participants work on cross-functional audit projects focused on analyzing business processes, conducting field work, analyzing data, and presenting their findings to the executive management team. Projects will vary across functional areas and can range from Manufacturing and Supply Chain to Compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley.
You will have the ability to strengthen your project leadership skills, as well as complete a behavioral and development assessment, participate in leadership enrichment classes, and receive executive mentoring, program coaching and CLD peer mentoring. Upon completion, CLD graduates are equipped with an extensive professional network and strong business foundation necessary for future success.
- MBA or a Master’s degree (various majors) or CPA
- At least 2-6 years of professional work experience (6 or more preferred)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a fast-paced team environment
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced technical, quantitative and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Willingness to travel (local and international)
Cross-Commercial Leadership Development Program (CCLDP)
The Cross-Commercial Leadership Development Program provides participants with cross functional commercial experience by giving them exposure to multiple functional areas and by enhancing leadership skills through formal leadership training.
The program comprises the following key components: Strong focus on developing future leaders, cross-functional assignments at FCA Headquarters, measurable goals that tie into the FCA Performance and Leadership Management Process, direct exposure to senior leadership, formal mentoring and leadership training and a 24-month program containing two 12 month rotations in one of FCA’s commercial organizations. The rotations will be determined by previous experience and job fit. Upon completion of the program, the candidate will be placed in a challenging full-time assignment within a functional area which matches the candidate’s professional experience and skill set. The assignment may either be in the field or at the corporate headquarters office.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of work experience in Sales, Marketing, Service and Parts, Supply Chain Management, Network/ Fleet or Customer Service
- 2 years of experience specifically in outside/field business-to-business sales or client account management
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management, peer group, and internal and external customers
- Willing to relocate nationally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a rapid paced environment
- Proficient with office automation programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe, etc.)
Institute of Engineering Program (CIE)
Engineers who dare to be creative and dream big can find significant challenges and opportunities at FCA. CIE is designed to grow innovative leaders through a two-year work/study program that couples engineering insights and fundamentals with the option to earn an MSME or MSEE.
You will engage in seven, four-month rotational assignments within the FCA Engineering, Powertrain, Quality and Manufacturing organizations. In addition, you will have an executive sponsor to mentor, guide and facilitate your career progression. You’ll also receive paid time off to allow you to complete your Master’s degree at one of six Michigan universities. Upon successful completion of the CIE Program, you will be offered a full-time engineering position.
- BSME or BSEE degree (preferred)
- We will also consider Aerospace/Aeronautical, Agricultural, Chemical, Biomedical/Biomechanical, Civil, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering BS degrees
- Minimum 3.0 GPA from an ABET-accredited program (preferred)
- Previous engineering experience (preferred)
Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MLDP)
The goal of the MLDP is cultivate leaders with knowledge of the lean and flexible World Class Manufacturing (WCM) practices that make it possible for FCA to develop new innovations, maintain a sustainable business, and deliver exceptional products worldwide. This is a two-year rotational work/study program that provides a foundation in critical core manufacturing processes, along with the opportunity to earn your MBA or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
You will engage in six, four-month rotational assignments within the FCA Manufacturing organization. Areas of emphasis will include quality, cost, lead time, flexibility and customer service as you study the technical and managerial pillars of the WCM philosophy and practice. You will have an executive sponsor to mentor, guide and facilitate your career progression, while also receiving paid time off to allow you to complete your MBA or Master’s degree at one of six Michigan universities. Upon successful completion of the MLDP, you should have the knowledge and experience to be offered full-time engineering positions within our Manufacturing organization.
- BS in a manufacturing-related program (preferably from an ABET-accredited engineering program)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (preferred)
- Strong interest in automotive industry manufacturing and operations
- Strong leadership characteristics and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous internship with an automotive manufacturer (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes (preferred)
Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP)
Designed for entry-level candidates with big career goals, the FLD program can provide a strong foundation for career growth throughout FCA. You will take on challenging projects, work with incredibly talented people, and gain deep knowledge of our company, brands and product lines. Most important, you will understand the strategic vision and financial decision-making behind our multi-billion-dollar enterprise.
You will engage in three 12-month rotational assignments to gain broad experience supporting our industrial, commercial and staff operations. You will play a key role in assessing our fiscal health, improving financial performance, and maximizing value for employees, shareholders and customers alike. You will have an executive sponsor to mentor, guide and facilitate your career progression, along with access to valuable networking opportunities.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (preferred)
Purchasing & Supplier Quality Leadership Development Program (P&SQLDP)
This two-year rotational program is designed to develop future Purchasing and Supplier Quality leaders with the cross-functional experience to drive results, optimize KPIs, recognize risks, and provide significant value and leadership to the organization.
You will engage in four, six-month rotational assignments along either a Purchasing or Supplier Quality track:
- Purchasing includes project rotations in Purchasing, Supplier Quality, Product Development, Supplier Relations, Risk Management, Process, Methods and Strategy and/or Manufacturing.
- Supplier Quality includes project rotations in areas such as Current and Advance Supplier Quality, Warranty Analysis, SQ Operations, Tooling Analysis, Commodity Purchasing, and/or Manufacturing.
Either track will allow you formidable experience and access to valuable networking opportunities. You will also be assigned an executive sponsor to mentor, guide and facilitate your career progression. Upon your third year of employment, you will have the choice of a position in your core competency or an additional rotation in a cross-functional area outside of P&SQ.
- Purchasing Track – Business-related undergraduate degree from an AACSB-accredited program, such as Supply Chain Management, Finance, International Business, Economics, Accounting, General Business or Entrepreneurship.
- Supplier Quality Track – Engineering-related undergraduate degree from an ABET-accredited program, such as Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Materials or Chemical Engineering or Engineering Science.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (preferred).
- Previous internship experience (preferred).